Publication Date: (October 4, 2015)
ISBN: 978-0-9917425-5-4, ASIN: B01660R30C
Nominated for Best English Related Work in the 2015 Aurora Awards
You’ve invested blood, sweat & tears into writing, now let’s get your book out there!
We will go over in great detail topics that only we will find exciting, such as:
• Editing – why it’s needed, the different types of editors and where to find them
• Covers – what makes a good cover and options for cover creation
• Business items – copyright filing, ISBN, CIP data, pseudonyms and incorporating
• Distribution – distributor choices, royalties and tax impacts on non-US citizens
• Marketing – why it’s needed and tons of ideas on how to market your book
• Crowd funding – the three phases of crowd funding explained
• Budgeting exercise – a budget sheet for you to have some finance fun with your own book!
Let’s roll up your sleeves and just do it! You are on your way on becoming an indie author!
About The Author
JF Garrard got into writing through reading comic books and watching movies as an escape from her mundane childhood in Toronto, Canada. Writing has always been something she wanted to do although she was almost tossed out of her Catholic all girls high school writing club for writing dark and weird stories. She decided to write a novel after finding out that a friend self-published a book, so she challenged herself to do the same. She is a germaphobe with a Nuclear Medicine background and holds a MBA in Strategy/Marketing. Find her at jfgarrard.com, on Twitter @JFGarrard, Linked In, About Me and Facebook.